Friday, February 9, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Cup of Coffee with Nancy Penir!


Michele the owner of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps is always keeping things fun for the design team. This month she asked us to pick a theme or a stamp set and a special guest to join us! I was delighted to ask Nancy Penir of Artful Notions to be my guest! We're both using the COFFEE CUP Fri Die today.


I'm a big fan of Nancy! She has a delightful way of bringing projects to life and adding color. She's not afraid to get her hands inky! It's always a treat to find a stenciled background, inked up die cuts, a smear of texture paste, or a sprinkle of glitter!    And just like me she LOVES pattern paper! Check out her blog and you'll see what I mean! 

I started with a background of pattern paper. I love mixing and matching patterns. I like the layers with the COFFEE CUP FRI DIE because it makes the cup look like it's sitting on a pretty table cloth instead of floating in the middle of the card. 
I stamped the sentiment from the COFFEE TALK stamp set directly on the pattern paper. The COFFEE CUP die is cut from solid aqua card stock. I inked up the edges to add dimension before adding the "Coffee" word die cut also included in the COFFEE CUP set. 
I added a colorful banner of bitty COFFEE CUP's across the top of the card. They're attached with adhesive foam tape and the twine is threaded through each mug handle. 
I added a few PRETTY POSIES because some days I get lucky and DH will pick a flower from the garden and put it next to my place at breakfast!



Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. You'll save 15% off your ENTIRE order - sale items included! Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CAS-ual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Store.

Don't forget to stop by Nancy's blog - or the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see our cards together in one place!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Coffee Talk, Pretty Posies
Dies | CAS-ual Fridays Coffee Cup, Pretty Posies
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper Cute Girl 6"

4 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Jeanne, I just love the fun colors you used to create your stunning card! The flowers are such a pleasant addition and the string of coffee cups.... too cute! Nancy is the perfect choice to join you too!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the bright happy colors you used Jeanne, this is so CUTE!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE the little hanging coffee cups!! They are ADORABLE!!

Teresa Doyle said...

So colourful Jeanne and I love how you hung the cups with the twine, a great idea. Very clever.