Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Pretty Little Studio Awesome Inspiration

Hi and thanks for stopping by! We've gotten a break from the bitter cold and lately it's been very overcast and rainy here in the midwest. Days like this I'm not feeling so motivated to create. No worries! Pretty Little Studio to the rescue! Every Tuesday you'll find a photo inspiration that will get your mojo going! Here's the inspiration for this week! 
So what do you love about the photo? Is it the neutral color scheme? The little wood houses? The intricate snowflakes hanging from twine? Here's what I made inspired by the photo....
I bet you're wondering how this card was inspired by the inspiration photo. I'll be honest with you.. with all the monotone / dark cloudy skies outside my window I just wasn't willing to bring it inside! Instead I took some liberties. Instead I've loaded up lots of color and pulled different elements from the sketch into my design. 
I picked up on the strong window pane lines and started with a background of stripes. Look close and you'll see lots of lines from the Follow Your Path blue striped background paper, Colorful Memories die cut frame, and Dreamy Days journaling card (set inside the frame). The "Totally Awesome" Dreams & Tales Sticker Sentiment defines the window frame. 
No snowflakes for me today thanks! LOL! My snowflakes are a sprinkle of die cut blooms from the Blooming Stories die cut pack. Some are adhered directly to the background, others are adhered with adhesive foam tape for dimension. A few fronds from the Magic Moments pack frame the florals beautifully.
I think these flowers are just as pretty as the intricate snowflakes in the inspiration photo, and the burst of color are sunshine on a cold winter day. 
I hope you see that you can find inspiration in unexpected ways. The nuances of an inspiration photo can effect us each differently and help us create wonderful things.




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Pink Posh Products
Paper Tales & Dreams, Follow Your Path
Die Cuts | Colorful Memories, Blooming Stories, Magic Moments
Journaling | Dreamy Days
Sticker | Stories and Tales

1 comment:

Kara Lynne said...

We can use a little brightness during these gloomy days! I enjoy every element of your card!