Thursday, August 24, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches - Mermaid Kisses

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!  Today I'm playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge!  I love a sketch because it takes away so much of the guess work in a design.  I just study the sketch and think of what stamp set to use with it.

This sketch is fun and easy!  I think it would work with just about any theme or set you might have.

I'm working with the Reverse Confetti Mermaid Kisses set.  I haven't used my Sand Dollar die too much and I thought it would look great representing the circle in the sketch.  I cut it from cream and tan card stock.

The background was created by inking up a panel of card stock with Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  I used a Clarity Stencil brush to keep it soft and even.  Next I layered on the Leaf Lattice Stencil and inked it with Salty Ocean.  I placed the stencil horizontal to look more like ocean waves or fish scales.   Next I splattered the panel with water and then some watered down Salty Ocean. 

I inked the images with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copic Markers.  A few gems like the pearl in the shell center, and a sprinkle of sequins adds the perfect shine! 
I have lots of these mermaids colored - some are blonde, others are brunette.  I though the gold hair was the most striking against the blue background.  I hope she makes you smile!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5" 
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Mermaid Kisses
Dies | Reverse Confetti Mermaid Kisses, Sand Dollar
Stencil | Reverse Confetti Leaf Lattice

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific background, this is darling!

Sharron said...

So sweet, Jeanne! Your adorable mermaid is such a cutie! Love the watery background!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a super fun card! I love how colorful it is and the stenciled background looks a bit like fishes swimming in the sea to me! Perfect for a mermaid, I think! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how gorgeous! The scene you've created with that sweet little image is just the cutest! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!