Thursday, March 16, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge - Orange on Black



Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!  Are you looking for a challenge to play? Why not join us at Fusion Card Challenge?  Here's the challenge this time (its a two week challenge).. it's called Paris rain.

Here's what I love about Fusion Card Challenge.   You can work with either the sketch OR the inspiration photo.  If you're feeling trixie you can mix them both together.   That was handy for me this time because I just couldn't find one single stamp or die cut of the Eiffel Tower!  Stunned?  Yep!  me too!  Maybe I'm a little lost since my crafty room has been relocated while it's under construction.  But I think that will be my next investment. LOL!

So me?  Yes I decided to go with the sketch.  I was influenced by the inspiration photo too - the monochrome (black and white) background, and bright pops of orange yellow and green.

This stamp set is Hello Lovely from Concord and 9th.  I stamped it in Versafine on watercolor paper and then painted in the flowers leaving some of them empty.

I colored this more than once - shading the edges of the watercolor panel - but it started looking dingy to me.  You know I'm a brights person!

I rounded the corner of the panel with a 1/2" Corner Chomper and attached the sentiment.  A sprinkle of black enamel dots was the finishing touch.
Here's direct links to the rest of the team!  You're going to love their designs!



Now it's your turn!  Need a little more inspiration?  You can find designs from the team and get all the details on playing along at Fusion Card Challenge!





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Concord & 9th Hello Lovely
Dies | MFT Stitched Fishtail Flags
Enamel Dots
Pattern Paper | Simple Stories DIY Boutique
1/2" Corner Rounder | We R Memory Keepers

8 comments:

cm said...

Your version of this C9 stamp is one of the most beautiful I've seen! The combination of vibrant colours and some areas left unfilled is striking! The black and white framing adds to the impact! A WOW in every way!
Hope all is well...will aim for a note soon!
Hugs~c

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh Wow! This is just stunning.
Love those bright, zingy colours against the black and white polka dots.
Fabulous!
xxx

Becca Cruger said...

What a lovely bunch of big ol' blooms! Your color treatment is so bright and lovely! Gorgeous take on the inspiration.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a feel good card, it's so bright and happy!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love that pretty orange flower! Gorgeous!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! Your color combo really pops! In a very nice way!

Sharron said...

Wow, love the colors--the orange flower looks awesome! And the black and white is an awesome contrast!

Karren said...

This is a fabulous fusion, Jeanne! Those flowers are so striking against the black and white background.