Thursday, March 23, 2017

Color Throwdown - Feelin Crabby!

I know things seem quiet here on my blog this week, but I promise I'm working hard behind the scenes.. next week I'm gonna knock your socks off with all the things I've made!

We're making progress on my craft room - dare I call it my "studio"?  Track lighting and fan are in, and the new flooring is down.  Next step is the desk DH is building.  We special ordered some countertops, he's building the supports.

Today I'm playing along at Color Throwdown!   I'm not one to gravitate to color challenges - my brain focusus on the colors and all I can think about are different things that are those colors.  It gets to hard to focus on one direction to go in.  The scene really caught my eye on this one... I picked up on the nautical elements to make this fun card!



I always call DH my "crabby" and you'll find them tucked all over my house if you look for them. This card is for him for putting up with me because I am crabby LOTS lately! I'm feeling stretched in different directions, and not feeling good at any of them lately. I know.. it's temporary.. I just want to be good at EVERYTHING!! LOL!!
I started with a base of pretty papers in teal and orange from Simple Stories Summer Vibes. The yellow tag is cut from paper in the So Rad collection.
The stamps (sentiment, crab and anchor),  and dies (tag, scallop border, wreath, and sentiment banner) are all from Reverse Confetti Seaside Stamp Set.  I really love the wreath die, it so versatile, and I think it doubles nicely here as a rope.
Now it's your turn!  Want to play?  Hop on over to the Color Throwdown!   And have a beautiful day!  



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Seaside
Dies | Reverse Seaside, Flowers for Mom, Wreaths, Double Edge Scallop Border, Thanks Tag
Paper | Simple Stories So Rad, Summer Vibes 12"
The Twinery Twine Mandarin




5 comments:

pam said...

Hi my dear friend Jeanne, cannot believe you are ever "Crabby"!!! unless you are under great pressure.. you are making stunning cards, all are beautiful summer colours.
Longing to see your new studio!!!
You take care, I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs Pam xxx

Lisa Elton said...

How cute! This is bright and happy Jeanne, looks like summer!!

Claire Grantham said...

I love your card, it's so bright and cheerful. My craft buddy and I have a thing for Crabs, we both have them all over our house!! Looking forward to seeing your finished craft room Clairex

Darnell said...

Well you certainly rocked this color challenge, Jeanne! And the photo, as well! It's a fun one! I am so thrilled for you to be getting a beautiful new craft room and I can't wait to see photos of it finished!! Go DH! I hope you are feeling well, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your use of those bright and pretty colors.