Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Poppystamps Challenge - Plaid is Rad

It's the first of the month and lots of new challenges begin today! This one is for Poppystamps!  They have lots of great dies and stamp sets to work with.   If you're not familiar with Poppystamps they're by the same creator as Memory Box!   So you can expect the same level of quality in their products.   The Poppystamps Challenge this month (November) is Plaid is Rad!  That seems like the perfect thing for the Chicago weather.  It's chilly and a little plaid could sure warm things up!   You can stamp some plaid, use pattern paper, or maybe even some pretty plaid ribbon?  Just make sure you use at least one Poppy image (stamp or die) on your design! 
I started with a card base of plaid.  Next I cut the  Ribbon Curl Ornament border from some snowy pattern paper.  I trimmed it and adhered this to the bottom of the card base.

Next I cut the die from gold foil paper and adhered it to the card base.  All the colors inside the ornament are inlaid.  Yep.. that means I cut the die again with pink, gold glitter paper, and red paper.   I find it relaxing piecing it together like making a puzzle.  It's always a treat to see the finished pieces in place and the design so super smooth. 
The Old Fashioned Merry Christmas die makes the perfect little sentiment.  I was tempted to put a little pearl to dot the "i" but didn't want to distract from the shiny gold ornament.    I topped the ornament with the String Bow die in gold foil.  I love that loopy bow!
OK now it's your turn!  I hope you'll join us at the Poppystamps blog! It's a great place to see designs created with your favorite dies, and maybe win some new ones of your own!   You can always find the challenge by clicking on the challenge logo in the right column on the blog! 

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Old Fashioned Merry Christmas, Ribbon Curl Ornament, String Bow
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear
Pattern Paper | Basic Grey Juniper Berry 12"





6 comments:

Renee said...

One...
I LOVE plaid!!
Ever since I was a girl and listened to The Bay City Rollers! :)
Two...
this card is absolutely gorgeous!
That inlaid ornament and the paper...
perfect!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your pretty Plaid is Rad design Jeanne! You have a terrific knack for coming up with the most beautiful color combinations! Gorgeous!

Birthday Hugs!
Take care!
Michele

Anonymous said...

Just have to say once again....you're the bomb!! Love all of your work for the day!! Joleen

cm said...

Yes, I agree: your plaid is RAD! And that ornament, decked out in gold, is stunning! The loopy bow...oh my!
Hugs~c

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the fun way you used the gold with the pretty patterned papers. Beautiful design.

Lisa Elton said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!