Saturday, September 10, 2016

CAS-ual Fridays | Autumn Blessings

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great weekend.  I'm writing this up on Friday.. because if you know Mr. J - he's  not happy if I'm spending time that I could be with him on line.  I expect we'll be working on taking down the pool... why did I insist on a 28'?!!   It was getting older - showing some signs of rust on the sides.. and well I guess it just couldn't take it any more.  The side split open and the water went every where.  Time to bust it up and haul it out!   Dare I wish for rain?   That's about the only thing that will save me.. until the next nice weekend right?  Maybe it's better to just take care of it now.  I'll let you know how it goes.
A touch of fall is in the air - it's still hot and humid, raining just about every day like I'm in Florida here.. but I'm starting to see birds on the move.  When you see about 100 Robins all in front of your house you start to take notice.  Today I'm playing with my CASual Fridays Stamps!
I started by dressing up the Scallop Tag Fri Die with the Acorn Fri Dies.  These dies are meant to work with the Autumn Blessings stamp set, but they work great all on their own too!  To keep the papers from blending together I added a little distress ink around the edges.  

The sentiment is also from the Autumn Blessings stamps set - it's perfect for Thanksgiving, or just a happy Fall Hello! I like adding a little texture to fall products - usually some burlap, but a bit of twine added more color here.
You know me.. gotta finish it up with a sprinkle of gems - some enamel dots and crystal clear sequins this time. 


Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CASual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CASual Fridays Stamps Store.







Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CASual Fridays Autumn Blessings
Dies | CASual Fridays Acorn Fri Dies, Scallop Tags Fri Dies
Pattern Paper | Photoplay "Autumn Day" 
Twine | The Twinery Mandarin Twine
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Crystal Clear 6mm, 4mm
Enamel Dots 
Button | October Afternoon

4 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

This is super cute! Love the mix of patterned paper and darling die cuts. :)

Sharron said...

Awesome papers and layering! Seems I'm always repeating myself but it so true of your wonderful cards!! Hope you didn't work too hard today!!

richardbreaks said...

You are SO great at mixing patterned papers, Jeanne! Those colors and fall images make me happy.

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful! I like the addition of the soft aqua blue!