Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Simple St. Patrick's Day Treats

Are you the Mom that's always getting asked to help out at school parties? I know when my kids were little I couldn't resist bringing treats for any occasion. Seeing the holiday through their eyes and feeling their excitement was contagious! It also inspired me to get motivated with the spirit of the season.Let's face it, sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day and we could use a little short cut. Today I'm showing how to dress up some store bought treats for the party.
Here's what you're going to need...
Snack Cakes  - I used Little Debbie Snack Cakes
Lollipop Sticks - I used Wilton 6"
Cellophane Bags - Mine are from ClearBagsRUs Size: AF33
Twinery Peapod Twine
Small Clover Embellishments - Paper Studio Hobby Lobby
Hot Glue Gun

These little decorated snack cakes are extra large versions of a petite four! The come two in a package. I opened the package and put one in a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" cellophane bag.

Using a clean sharp knife I cut a small hole in the cellophane wrapper and inserted a lollipop stick.Next I tied a triple loop bow and attached it to the stick with a hot glue gun.

A simple clover embellishment hot glued to the center of the bow is the finishing touch.

These are easy to transport to school, office or party - just insert the sticks into a piece of Styrofoam. You could also repurpose a card board box. Wrap it with pretty paper and then poke some holes in the top to insert your pop handles!
Quick and easy right? Now you can sit back and enjoy the festivities!


7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet treats Jeanne!!

Julia Aston said...

What a great idea! so cute and Yummy!!

Renee said...

These are so stinkin' cute...
love 'em!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne..love your sweet holiday treats.

Sharron said...

These are so sweet. Love your decorated version!

Marlena M. said...

LOVE these!

cm said...

Oh my! These are *Awe-mazing*, Jeanne! I'm 'hoping' to spend some time in my niece's kindergarten class over Spring Break (we have two weeks, she has one), so perhaps Aunty c should find/make some treats for her classmates. You've sure sparked ideas...
Hugs~c