Friday, October 30, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions - Let's Go!

It's time for the 12 Kits of Occasions.  We're a day early this month so we can put proper attention to the Halloween festivities tomorrow.   Not familiar with the 12 kits?  We're a group of 12 friends who like to create cards! Every month we take turns putting together a kit for the group and on the last day of the month we all share what we came up with. It's always fun and interesting to see how our designs are different or similar.    Our hostess this month is Joyce from Cards By The Sea.  If you know Joyce - she's on lots of design teams - she rocks clean and simple.   Here's the wonderful kit she provided for us this month. It was full of pretty papers, and stamped images and sentiments all travel related since our theme this month is Let's Go!
I'll be honest... I had to do a double take.... no embellishments in this one.. so I had to decide.. go totally naked - straight out CAS like I expect Joyce will do.. or dig out a few embellishments of my own.   Ok .. one guess as to what I did... lol!  So if my kit looks a little different that is why.  I hope that's not cheating!   There was one advantage to this.. there is no secret ingredient you need to keep an eye out for.  No tricks all treats this time. 

I got four cards made so here goes! 




Ready to see what the rest of the team did?  Just hop on over to the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog where you'll get a sneak peek from each of the ladies and find links to each of their blogs.  We have a special guest joining us this month too - former 12 Kits member - Kara from K & R Designs, and Jacquie from What Did I Do Today.  I hope you'll give them a big hello!

14 comments:

Birgit said...

Love all your fabulous cards made with this kit! The airplane paper clip is so fun! I love your embellished style!!

Taunya Butler said...

FABULOUS cards with so many awesome details!! Loved seeing what you came up with from the awesome kit Joyce put together!! So fun to see - hope you have a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween!!

Marybeth said...

I always love your intro, I trip over my words so I just send everyone to the blog. No cheating here and your added items are perfect! Love the clock it goes perfectly! As always your cards are wonderfully layered and designed with the signature Jeanne touch!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a wonderful array of travel cards.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Diane Jaquay said...

What a great theme this month, and all of your cards are wonderful, Jeanne!

Joyce said...

I LOVE what you did Jeanne. And, sorry about the lack of embellishments--to be perfectly honest, I completely forgot about getting any, and only remembered when it was too late to get them. I know--what a bone head. I am so happy that you were able to reach into your vast stash to find the perfect layers and finishing touches to make your cards truly your own. Hope you had fun anyway!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the layers of patterned papers on the first card, Jeanne! Fabulous cards with all the perfect little extras you added. I had a ton of fun playing along with you all this month :)

Lisa Elton said...

You always add the best layers Jeanne! Your cards all look beautiful!

Sharron said...

Love your New York card with the bright scalloped border and twine and the pretty clock! Adding things is always perfectly fine and I always love your wonderful layered, dressed up designs! As a matter of fact, the wood stars I used on one of my cards were from your recent kit. I want to better organize my leftovers so I can use more of them since they include so many treasures.

Kara said...

fabulous use of the kit! I love the red scallop cardstock on the top of the scene card and the last card you have mixed patterns so well...love the look!

JD/ Jill said...

You did a wonderful job with this theme! Lots of great inspiration here!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a fabulous and fun collection of travel cards. You are so amazing and I love each and everyone of your cards. So much fun, I feel like I need to book a flight right about now!

Lindsey said...

Jeanne, I'm always a little giddy with excitement at the anticipation of seeing your cards. I know I am going to be wowed every time...and I always am! I really love all of these. Your attention to detail (like pairing the stitched edging dies with the stitching on the luggage tag) and ability to mix patterns is truly amazing!

cm said...

Officially WOWed by your travel-themed cards, Jeanne, that have sparked a desire to pack my bags and head off on a journey...perhaps I'll come your way *grin*. So much to highlight but I've narrowed down my favourites:
- the sweet luggage tag of the first;
- the red cardstock border of the second, which sets off the NY scene beautifully;
-the clock and subtle patterned paper of the third; and
-the stack of luggage with the definitions, of the fourth.
One of my friends has a new job that will see her traveling on ships heading to Antarctica. She's leaving in under a week, but oh, how I'd love to give her some traveling cards. Going to keep an eye out...
Hugs~c