Thursday, February 26, 2015

Fusion - Bow tie


Hi Friends!  I hope you're having a great day!  I've been really busy creating lots of beautiful projects that you'll be seeing in the coming days.  I remember when I first started blogging - I was fascinated with a few of the blogs that had something new absolutely every single day of the week.   I thought that would be something I would like to try someday - and as a sort of "personal goal" last year I challenged myself to make a card every day.   I quickly found that I just couldn't do it.  Some days I'm feeling creative and I will make 4-5 cards in one single day... but other days.. not so much.   Creativity is more of a mood for me, and I never know what a card will look like until I decide it's "finished".

The challenge that begins today at Fusion is called "Bow Tie".  You can make something inspired by the photo - bow ties, different prints, colors etc... or you can choose to use the sketch.  If you're clever maybe you can mix them both together.   I'm usually inspired by the photo but today I went with the sketch.  I turned the stars into different shapes - squares, and semi circles.   I started with a vision of 6 squares and it morphed into this.   I had lots of fun adding little embellishments like the buttons, twine, and  die cuts.   This one reminds me of summer - and everything I miss about  being out side this time of year. 

I adhered the frames with adhesive foam tape to add a little depth and slipped some buttons inside the frames.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!  Want to see what the rest of the team did? Just click on their names to jump to their blogs! 



Have a beautiful day -stay warm, and make your own sunshine!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp:  W+9 Strictly Sentiments
Dies:  PTI Framed Out 6, Spellbinder Nested Lacey Pennants, Top Dog Dies Bird Trio, Spellbinder Classic Squares & Circles
Twinery Platinum Shimmer Twine
Pattern paper:  Pink Paislee "Hey Kid" 6x6"
Flower Buttons Etsy, Wood Button Prima, Flower Iamroses.com
Ribbon:  3/4" Soft Silk Ivory May Arts

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun and springy card!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO pretty with your beautiful colors and patterns Jeanne!

Lisa Minckler said...

Come here! I wanna hug you....this is AWESOME!!!
I feel beyond redundant but I just have to say. YOU are incredible!!! This card makes me giddy like a school girl. ;)
It's gorgeous and so beyond creative and HAPPY.

Debbie Neuman said...

I love how you have put this together in 6 separate windows. these dies are so perfect !

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Kara Lynne said...

This card is so wonderful! I'm pinning this one!

Marybeth said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!! I love this!

Sharron said...

Love this--so gorgeous! Each little window is so perfectly done!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this is just adorable. Love your wonderful design and all those sweet colors. Enjoy your weekend.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Yay Jeanne,

I could sit and look at your card all day. It is like a breath of spring. So many little loving touches to admire and appreciate. You certainly put a great deal of effort into your little masterpiece!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous colors and fab job with the layout! Way to work outside the lines here!