Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fusion Old Door Charm


Are you having a  good week?  I'm keeping busy.  My mom's birthday is this weekend and I'm hoping to cook up a special dinner for her. It's also Labor Day weekend so DH will have Monday off and I think I'll put him to work manning the grill!

A new two week challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge.  I love that I can work with the sketch OR the inspiration photo, OR BOTH!!!    Sometimes that takes the brain work out of it for me.  I get inspired by things I see - and I seem to think about my art in shapes, so the sketch is always welcome.  Look what we have for you this time!  I saw this one and you know the very first thing I thought... Oh how Tim Holtz would love this photo!  Me?  Well this is outside my comfort zone for sure - you know I love bright colors and nature themes.  What to do with this Old Door Charm?  Well turn it into a masculine card of course!! 
Mr. Monocle never lets me down!  He always makes me think of the time I took my son for an eye exam.  The doctor explained that one of my son's eyes had better vision than the other, which is apparently normal for most of us.  My son was convinced that at the end of his exam that the doctor would prescribe a monocle.  I suspect he was disappointed when he didn't. 
Maybe you need a little more inspiration too?  Remember you don't have to work with both the photo and the sketch.  Either one will do.  Want to see more from the Fusion Design Team?  Just click on their names here to jump to their blogs!



Now it's your turn!  I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge!  Have a great day!




Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps My Kind Of Guy
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper "The Pier" 6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Baked Brown SUgar, Bravo Burgundy
Dies:  Spellbinder Pinking Circles, Standard Circles, MFT Fishtail Banners
Border Punch Double Embossed Dotted Lace EK Success
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
The Twinery Charcoal Solid Twine
Button:  October Afternoon
Google Eye

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Fabulous and I love the story about your son!The colours and the distressed/sanded background are perfect together...love how you were inspired!

Julia Aston said...

Love that monacled fella Jeanne - the maroon pinked circle really makes him pop! Wonderful patterns on your layered background too!

Lindsey said...

So awesome! You do feminine AND masculine so well! Hope your busy week is going well and that the dinner turned out fabulously.

Sharron said...

Awesome take on the inspiration photo--love your card! Great stamp set for this wonderful masculine card!

Kelly Latevola said...

What an awesome take on the challenge! Love that little monical :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

No JEANNE, YOU nailed it, so FUN and quirky and I love the googly eye!!! Ha, just terrific!!!