Thursday, May 15, 2014

Serendipity Stamps New Release Blog Hop!

Are you hopping with us today?  Serendipity Stamps has a brand new die release and to celebrate the design team is having a blog hop.  It's a great opportunity to see these new dies in action!  If you're hopping along you should have reached me from the amazing Anya Schrier's blog.  If you're just joining me and you want to start at the beginning you can get all the details at Mary's blog.  

So what's new?   Lots!  There are 8 new word dies, and a frame set.  Each DT member is working with two of the word dies so you'll be able to see something with all of them.  I chose "Dream" and "Believe".  I love that the letters are all connected so the die cuts in one piece, and they all end with  a pretty flourish.

My first project is a shaker card.  I'm a sucker for all the little sparkly bits inside a shaker and thought this was a good time to make one of my own.  I cut out a star shape and filled it with sequin stars and beads and topped it with a double "dream" die cut.
I also wanted to show you how easy it is to make some CAS cards using word dies.  
This one features "Believe".  I cut it in a panel of white card stock, and slipped some glittery paper beneath to peek through. 
A word die also looks fabulous layered over some stamped and colored images.
Floral Frame & Embellishment Dies
In addition to the new word dies there is the new "Floral Frame and Embellishment" die set.   It's a 5 die set - you can see all the pieces here.   The butterfly and dragon fly are "mini" versions of the originals and fit nicely inside the frame.  I thought the beautiful intricate frame die would look amazing as a wedding card.  I cut all my pieces in white card stock, gold embossed a beautiful rose for the center and added some white lace and floral trims. 

Here's the finished card.  Aren't those little corner die cuts perfect to anchor down the embossed image?
Want to see more?    The next stop on the hop is Jenny Gropp - she does beautiful colored and multi layered  projects that will make you swoon.  But before you go I hope you will leave me a comment.   Yes!  There's some candy to be had!  One commenter who visits ALL the blogs will be chosen to win a $20 gift code off their next order!  You have until Midnight on Sunday 5-18 to comment and the winner will be posted on Mary's blog on 5-19.  So LEAVE A COMMENT!!  


For your convenience here's a list of all the ladies with projects for you today!!  


Mary's Blog  (The hop starts here!  Mary has all the details!!)
Jeanne Jachna  (That's Me!)
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hopping!!










Supplies Used: Finished Size  4.25 x 5.5"
Believe
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Happy Birthday Small
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps "Dream", Spellbinder Stars 5
Border Punch:  EK Success Zig Zag Stitch
Card Stock:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, White
Ribbon:  5/8' Iridescent Ivory Taffeta May Arts 
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Glitter Silver Star Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby), Wood Stars Studio Calico, Wood Banner Hampton Arts Jillibean Soup, Star Sequins Darice
Twinery Twine Caribbean
Oh yes.. that 3-D star - it's actually a plastic ornament that I found at Michael's for 90% off after Christmas.  I got a bag of 20 for about $1.50!!

CAS Believe  4.25 x 5.5"
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps "Believe"
Card Stock:  PTI White, Sequin Recollections (Michael s)
Sequins (Stars Darice, All others Neat & Tangled)

Floral Dream 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Fern Garden
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps "Believe"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Card Stock:  PTI White, True Black, Summer Sunrise

Bliss Finished Size 5 x 5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Bliss, Rose Square
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Floral Frame and Embellishment Set, Spellbinder Nested Pennants
Card Stock:  PTI White
Lace 1 1/2" Lace, Pearl Lace May Arts
Embossing Powder Zing! Gold
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Bead Spray - Hobby Lobby
Ribbon Flower - Offray
Pearls Recollections

26 comments:

Marybeth said...

Jeanne !!!! You sure wowed us with all your cards! Love the shaker . Ok I cannot get over how perfect your CAS second shaker card is , that is one amazing card one that will be made over and over! The stars are a perfect accent. Love the last one too very elegant! So much pretty in one post!

Liz Williams said...

Loved visiting your beautiful blog and these shaker cards are amazing. Thanks for sharing your talents and for giving us a peek at the new dies.

Kara said...

such pretty cards! love your layering but you also do CAS so well!!

cdjcape521 said...

Love that embossed card, what an inspiration!

zehra said...

Wow, so may cool techniques, I love how u cut and added the glitter paper, gorgeous work

Karen Amidon said...

Jeanne, your wedding card is stunning! Love the new Frame die and how you have added so many details to complement it. Great CAS card using "Believe" love the dreamy colors! The shaker card using "Dream" is fun!

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful cards. The shaker card is so happy and fun and I love how you used the large sentiment dies. The floral frame card is especially lovely. Well done.

Unknown said...

The cards that are being shown today aare great. I am loving them all.

Unknown said...

Great hop, great cards.

Nancy Penir said...

I LOVE visiting you! It's similar to walking into a candy emporium and having 100.00 to spend! Such loveliness, layers, and well, eye candy!
PS, whenever I struggle for an idea, I visit A Kept Life!
And yes, I love those corners! (And the color scheme, and the detailing).

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW WOW WOW, Jeanne, all of these cards just blow me away!! You ROCK!

Cathy Weber said...

You really went to town with all the new dies Jeanne...love those word dies and how you showed fancy and simple ways to use them. My favorite is the shaker card though...so beautiful and fun at the same time!

Darnell said...

Every single one of your cards is dreamy to me, Jeanne! Such talent you have, and such productivity! You are a machine!! I especially love the shiny silver behind the starry believe card!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

These are all so lovely! I really like the word dies...I like how you did the "Believe" die on your card. Must give that a try...It turned out so nice on your card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pauline said...

Absolute beauties Jeanne!! love the frame in white, and the fun shaker syle cards you made, so fun!

Lyla mcdaniel said...

Have to have believe and dream, my friends will really like. I especially like the dream over the different colored flowers

~Tammy~ said...

These word dies are fabulous! Your cards are amazing and your showed them off well!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are all wonderful, Jeanne! Love your star shaker card! It's so happy and colorful. Wonderful colors and layouts!

JD/ Jill said...

Jeanne, it's Jill back again. Thank you for the nice comments on my blog...I left a comment there for you on the Lighthouse post...A link for you to see...

Sharron said...

All are GORGEOUS, Jeanne! Love all the new dies. Your shaker card is amazing and I adore the CAS 'believe' design--simple design and so stunning!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness! Jeanne, these are all so amazing...I need to go shopping now, I love them all! The Believe is my favorite and I already have so many fun idea spinning in my head...and your dream over those gorgeous flowers, so perfect!

Beth Norman said...

Very nice work.

Teri Barefoot said...

So very pretty thank you

Tammy P. said...

Great cards. My favorite is the Dream card. Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

WOW!!
That first card...
I die!!
Gorgeous!!
Love all the sequins...
it's perfect!
But then they all are...
love them all! :)

Miriam said...

So many cards! The shaker card is so cute and I especially like the simple flowers with DREAM! Nice job!