Saturday, March 8, 2014

Always Playing With Paper - Thinking of You

I'm playing along with Lesley Croghan at Always Playing with Paper.   She posted a two week sketch challenge and I'm going to make it in just under the wire today!    The collection closes in one day so if you want to play you better hurry!  Lesley was pondering all the different ways one can interpret the stripes - stamped patterns, layers, embossing, embellishments?  I turned the layers into a background.  The bottom panel is completely covered with the pink polkadots, and then I added three strips of different patterns of paper.  I still wanted them to show through and not cover them up with my main focus (the flower) so I layered on an open frame.  This way you still see the stripes peeking through across the entire page. 

I found these cute Jillibean wood embellishments at Joann this week (Honest!) and while my mind is dreaming of ways to dress these up with stamping and paint, I left this little guy plain today.
 
 Here's the finished card.
Thanks for stopping by to say hi!  Next week there is all sorts of things going on!   I see a blog hop, a pajama party, and even a big announcement!  But you're going to have to stop back to hear more!  I hope you're having a great weekend and that the sun is shining on you!

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Avery Elle Petals & Stems
Pattern Paper:  Carta Bella "Sew Lovely"
Dies:  Avery Elle Petals & STems, Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval, Spellbinder Nested Lacy Pennants
Ink:  Memento Rose Bud, Bamboo Leaves
Bling:  Recollections
Card Stock  PTI Kraft, White, SU!  Blushing Bride
Ribbon:  3/8" stitched Pink Grosgrain, 5/8" Pleated Pink Satin Ribbon Reel

6 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

There you go Jeanne...all Classy and Elegant! BEAUTIFUL take on the challenge an so well thought out too! After seeing your card I a going to be dragging out my Polynesian Sails Doily and to think I passed up some wooden accent pieces just this afternoon. Looks like back to Michaels I will be going! Love your card very much!

Lesley said...

Wow! This card is a beauty with so much elegance I do not know where to start, Jeanne! I think the mix of colours and the eclectic design is simply awesome because you have demonstrated how a simple sketch can really be dressed up! Thank you so much for joining me and playing along. What a delight to see your name in the linky!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this is just gorgeous and I can see your "sewing" paper behind all your amazing details, just a beautiful card.

Marybeth said...

One of your very best! I love this beautiful pink bloom , the pink and white polka dots oh there is so much to love I cant list it all. Yes, lots going on and I cant wait to here your big news!

Sharron said...

So beautiful, Jeanne! It looks like spring--keeping fingers crossed that it's coming soon. Love the pink polka dots and all the gorgeous layering and bling topped with that awesome pink bloom.

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. Fabulous idea to interpret those stripes in patterned paper. And, your focal point is gorgeous, as always. I managed to squeak in under the wire for this one also.