Thursday, November 21, 2013

CASE STUDY #167 - Happy Thanksgiving!


Getting ready for the big day? I did some grocery shopping yesterday and couldn't believe how busy the store was - especially around the frozen turkeys!  HAHA!  I guess it's on my mind too !  I'm starting to think about what I'll be making for dinner... and dessert!  I'm not sure if my parents will be coming over since my dad is still recuperating from his knee surgery or if I will be knocking on their door with a turkey in hand.  Either way is fine with me -  as long as we are all together. 



I'm enjoying our muse this month at CASE - it's Keisha Campbell from A Bit East Coast.  You should check out her blog - her photos are wonderful and it's a beautiful place to get lost for a few hours!  Check out the inspiration photo for this week.  What grabs you?   Is it the chevron pattern, the color combination or maybe the pretty flowers?   I just love everything about it.  I zeroed in on the postage stamp cut borders, the sentiment with the flowers peeking out, and those big leaves peeking out over the edge.  So how to make it my own?  I switched up the colors, but kept true to the sketch.  Of course had to add a little bling for some eye candy!
Need more inspiration?  The CASE DT is sure to please - just click on the names below to jump to their blogs.  Our special guest designer this month is  Amy Tsuruta!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

So What will you do with this one? I'm looking forward to seeing your creations at CASE Study Blog Challenge!  Have a great day!



Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Leaf Prints, Acorns
Dies:  PTI Autumn Acorns, Leaf Prints, Spellbinder Classic Bracket, Labels & Tags, Petite Ovals
Gems:  Recollections
Pattern Paper:  Lost & Found 2 Rosy
Card Stock:  PTI White, SU! Certainly Celery, Gumball Green
Ink:  Memento Tangelo, Morocco, Dandelion, Sweet Plum, Grape Jelly, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Versafine Onyx Black

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! I just love the brighter colors that you used. This card just makes me happy. :)

~amy~ said...

LOVE your use of non-traditional colors! Fall inspired cards are my FAVS!

Joyce said...

What a pretty Thanksgiving card. I also like the bright colors.

~Tammy~ said...

Totally love the fun colors!!! For sure a happy happy autumn card!