Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!! Choo Choooooo!!

Well I didn't finish my card last night like I had intended - something about this little hockey team called the Chicago Black Hawks that is making us all crazy here!  Not the happy ending there we hoped for last night either :(  Good news -  I had a little quiet time this morning to finish up the card for my dad.  He is retired now but he worked for The Illinois Central Railroad for 49 years!!  I know!  That's like forever right?  Any thing you want to know about trains he will be happy to share with you!  So of course I knew he would love this image from Serendipity Stamps.  Even my daughter loves it - but I am guessing that is because it looks an awful lot like the logo of the university she goes to... Boilermakers anybody?

I wanted to keep this as guy friendly as possible so no bows here today!  I tried to sneak in a few little embellishments including a Tim Holtz compass that spins! - because you know he's going to try it don't you?
I hope you are having a great day honoring the good men in your lives - the ones who taught you how to fish or swim or ride your bike - (don't get me started!!)  and yes even the little men who you might be teaching a thing or two yourself today - they will be daddies themselves one day too if you're lucky.  Pass on a family tradition and give them an extra big hug today!!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5.5 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Happy Fathers Day, Train Engine
Pattern Paper My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI Kraft, SU! Basic Grey
Border Punch:  EK Success Zig Zag Stitch
Dies:  Spellbinder Grand Circles
Compass, Arrow, and Pin Tim Holtz
Button Twine Natural May Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Candi Minis Newsprint

6 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so fantastic. All man! What a super father's day card. That image is so detailed and gorgeous (in a manly way) and I love it stamped on those patterned papers. You have taken your incredible style and manned it up perfectly.

Renee said...

Jeanne...
I want you to know I love 'ya...
you are such a sweet and dear friend and I just absolutely adore you...
but we can no longer be friends during hockey season...
Red Wings fan here! :(
*giggle*
And OMGosh...this card is just perfect!
I love the papers you used with it...
so perfect with that gorgeous image and I know your dad loved this...
and probably had a lot of fun with the compass too...right? :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! I love the way that train image looks on your choice of patterned paper! What a stunning, guy card! You rock, girl!

Cathy Weber said...

LOL, I am laughing at Renee's comment about not being friends during hockey season! I guess we can still be friends because I have never watched a single hockey game in my life, hopefully that in itself won't boot me out of your club! Your card...49 years? That is a LONG time! Your dad must have loved this card, the way you added the blue color on the side was so smart, it really makes the train image stand out!

JJ Bolton said...

You did an awesome job keeping this manly, lol! I love the way the train looks stamped on that paper! I'm always afraid to try something like this but it looks so striking! And the little metal compass is the perfect detail!

P.S. We have a love/hate thing going with hockey here in DC too, lol! We really love our team, but they certainly drive us crazy;)

Christina said...

I will try very hard not to say anything about my Boston Bruins in this comment. Oops, I just did. Sorry! ;)
I just loooove this masculine card! The stamped image is so beautifully detailed, and you mix and match papers like nobody else. So fab!