Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CASE #139 - Happy Pinwheel!



Hello Hello my Case Study Friends!! Oh have I got some big news for you! If you are a CAS gal you are going to be all over the muse this month - it's none other than Maile Belles from Simply Stamped!   You know her style - not it's your turn to case her! Check out the inspiration this week!  Pure clean and simple goodness here   I really love Case and getting to try my hand at Maile's inspiration - sort of getting inside her head and seeing how she came up with this.  


I stayed true to the layout - I love how the die cut extends over the little panel of pattern paper, and the sentiment is stamped right over the die cut.  That bitty bow and pop of color on the neutral base really draw your eye to the sentiment.  I am like a bee to a flower when it comes to color so I changed it up a little by using bright  red ink and paper.   I stamped and fussy cut the pinwheel image and added a button for the center of the pinwheel and a little bow on the handle.    Here's my finished card.  


Need a little more inspiration - check out more creations from the CASE Study Design Team here by clicking on their names.  You're sure to see something to get you motivated!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Teneale Williams

And our special guest designer this month Erin Schulte from Create Erin's Blog!

Oh and did I mention prizes are to be had?  Penny Black is the sponsor this week.  They're giving away three cling stamps from their April Release to one lucky CASE player!  Hope I see you there!!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Playful Pinwheels
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon "Sidewalks" Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Ink:  SU! Real Red
Button SU!
Pearl:  Recollections
Ribbon:  1/4" Red Double Face Satin Spool O Ribbon

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful monochrome card Jeanne, I love that pin wheel stamps set!

Lisa Minckler said...

MORE than awesome!! This card makes me smile and gives off such a fun and fabulous feeling. Love this Jeanne :)

Marybeth said...

I am loving the red and white cards, so summery to me. Love this one with the polka dots another summer reminder to me. I had a lot of red and white polka dot dresses. Beautiful card!

Christina said...

This is a brilliant CASE, Jeanne. Love the papers, the partial cutting of the pinwheel, and the monochromatic look!