Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CASE STUDY #128 - DOCUMENTED


YAY!  It's time for CASE Study!  I love playing along  every week and being exposed to some wonderful designers who help me explore my creativity.  Our muse this month is Teri Anderson from A Bit of This, A Bit of That and I told you she had a few tricks up her sleeve.  Last week was all clean and simple - this week she's giving us lots of embellishments.  A little bit of something for everyone here.

To play along you simply study the inspiration photo and select the elements that inspire you to create your own design and link it up at Case Study.  Maybe it's the color scheme, the layout, the circles, gems, graph paper?  For me it was the repeating pattern.  I didn't want to copy Teri too closely - I still wanted to make it mine - so I turned the circles into squares, laid them in a pattern and embellished them.  Well I wish I could say it was as easy as that but at least that was the concept.  I mimicked some of the element in the original like the graph paper- I used yellow ruled paper.  I also kept the twine and the brad by adding it to my flower.
Here's my finished card..
Check out the designs from the rest of the design team as well as our guest designer Sylvia Blum!

Sylvia Blum of Sylvia's Stamping Place
Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I see you over at Case Study!

Jeanne

Supplies used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Eat Cake 
Dies:  Spellbinder Postage Stamps, Neste Leaves, Classic Squares, Carnation Creations, Nested Pennants
Pattern Paper Basic Grey Fact & Fiction Collections
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Kraft, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy
Buttons:  Papertrey Ink
Brad:  K& Company
Ribbon:  Stampin Up 1/2" Stitched Polly Peach Parfait, May Arts Button Thread White
Ink:  Stampin Up Chocolate Chip

10 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

WOW! Look at that! It's so bright and happy and fun and amazing! I love it!

I really appreciate the kind words that you left on my blog, thank you :)

Now I'm off to see what other wonderful designs have come from Teri's beautiful card! :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Jeanne!!!! Fun colors and wonderful job on the challenge!

Marybeth said...

What a great card so much going on and it all flows together so peacefully . I wish I could accomplish that! I really love this card with all the squares and patterns!

Wida said...

this is so new and fresh and balanced. it's as if you and I made a card together. I like the organized squares and colors and you like...well everything else! I like it all too! pinning with love.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne! Fll of zing and zesty colours, great patterned papers and a fab design!

Lisa Minckler said...

What the cool design! Jeanne, you make stuff that I can't take my eyes off of. This is the best layout and the colors are so fabulicious and I'm flippin' over the tag. I love tags, but I always love your cards! :)

Vickie Z said...

Fun card!! Love the bright coots and all those "diddies"!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just love this to bits, Jeanne! The textures are fabulous, and the colors are so bright and happy! Great design!

Christina said...

This is just incredible, Jeanne! So much amazing detail. You have such a knack for combining colors and patterns and making it all look so effortless!

Suzanne said...

I die!!!! This is so AMAZING!!