Sunday, December 9, 2012

RR#43 Nordic Noel

Wow!  Today is my first post for the Ribbon Reel Design Team!!  I'm really honored and thrilled to be working with this group of ladies!  Of course getting my hands on some fabulous ribbons and embellishments never hurt either!  The Ribbon Reel has everything you need to turn something ordinary into something extra ordinary!!

The inspiration photo this week was selected by Helen Berry!  She always makes something fabulous - decked out in gorgeous ribbons and trims - can't wait to see what she did with this one!   I'd love it if you would join us and play along this week.  The challenge is a Nordic Noel - a Scandinavian inspired photo -  you are to use kraft red and white, and include buttons, ribbon and twine.  You can use any brand of stamps and dies you like - just be sure to follow the guidelines!  Challenges are bi monthly so you have some extra time to play!  You can get all the details here.
I stamped some pine boughs hung with stockings and ornaments and made my focal point an embossed tree layered on some gorgeous ribbons.  I'm slowly building my PTI collection and I couldn't resist this set with so many add ons.  I love the nordic ribbon with the sweet reindeer don't you? 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a beautiful day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Love Lies Here Holiday
Dies:   In the Meadow Silhouettes, Love Lies Here Holiday
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye All is Bright Collection, and Dolled Up Collection 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Real Red
Ribbon:  1.5" Natural Burlap Stripe  Wired Edge May Arts Ribbon Reel, Nordic Print Ribbon Ribbon Reel, Red Strip Ribbon Ribbon Reel
Buttons:  Striped Ribbon Reel - Solid PTI
Button Thread Natural May Arts Ribbon Reel
Ink:  Versa Fine Vintage Sepia
Tree Topper bead with rhinestones - Hobby Lobby
Embossing Folder:  Paper Studio Intricate Swirl

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Your first RR Design Team post! Congrats. Your card is beautiful, and I'm glad you pointed out that ribbon--I need some. Very cute, and I love your hanging stockings and the tree, too.

Caroline said...

This is stunning the layout and colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Cathy Weber said...

Great job for your first on the Ribbon Reed DT Jeanne! I love the little scene you created...the stockings look so cute hanging from the pine bough garland. I love the nordic reindeer ribbon...and that cute little bauble at the top of the tree!

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so pretty Jeanne! Beautiful first card for the DT. I love the ribbons you chose for this sweet scene. Its all just so cozy and warm. Beautiful tree star too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats on your first Ribbon Reel post and what a fantastic start! Your card is every bit as yummy as i would expect from you. Gorgeous!

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow, Jeanne first of all thank you so much for your sweet comments - made me smile :))
I adore your card - those stockings hanging from the swag, the beautiful embossed Christmas tree and pretty star! I have only a little of the reindeer ribbon left and totally hoarding it. I could not be happier that you are on the Ribbon Reel DT with us - your designs never ever fail to inspire. Hugs x x x

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is so very sweet Jeanne! I am very excited to be designing along side you at The Ribbon Reel! Your card is picture perfect! I love those stockings and that embossed tree is fantastic! Wow~

Sharron said...

Congrats on your first DT post! Love how the stockings look so sweet hung from the pine boughs and how you embossed the tree. The ribbon is truly wonderful--perfect trim for your festive card!

JJ Bolton said...

What a great way to start off your RR DT gig! Those hanging stockings are adorable:) And I love how you layered the ribbons behind the tree! Those two ribbons are a match made in card heaven! The perfect card for the inspiration pic!

Christina said...

How beautiful and festive! I just love the pine bough swag along the top hung with stockings and ornaments.
In other news, many thanks for the gorgeous holiday card and little extras you sent me! What a lovely surprise in my mailbox today. :)