Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mama Elephant CB #1 - May You Be Merry

I had a quiet day at home yesterday - I needed it after the Scout Christmas Party!  I like when things are quiet and that is just fine by me.   I can breeze through my housework with no interruption.... well maybe a little bit of interruption.  I was folding laundry when I heard a big commotion today - like things knocking over.  So of course I had to investigate - should have known it was my crazy dog (she's 10 months old now and 85 pounds!).  I found her trapped in the bath tub with her collar wrapped around the faucet and shampoo bottles all over the floor.  Thank goodness she didn't tear the faucet out of the wall or it would mean another project!   If there is trouble she will find it!

Today I'm playing along at the brand new Mama Elephant Challenge.  I purchased a few sets of their stamps on Black Friday and was happy to see they are starting a challenge blog.  The thing I like best about a challenges is that I get to see creative ways to use all  my stamps - not just new releases -  with fab examples from the design team and ordinary players just like me.
This time is a color challenge of red, aqua, white and glitter.  I just love red and aqua together and was excited to see a little glitter on the list too.  The colors got me thinking Christmas (although your creation doesn't have to be)  but the stamps I bought weren't.  Well that's ok because Mama Elephant put a free digital image on the challenge page that you can use for your design.  I mixed a bit of what I had with the free digi they provided.
Here's what I came up with..
Isn't that birdie the sweetest?  I used the chevrons and pennants from Trifecta and On Target  to make a festive little scene of the birdie decorating it's house.  I hope you like it and if your a fan of Mama Elephant - check out their new challenge blog!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5 3/4 x 5 3/4
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Trifecta, On Target & Digital Image May You be Merry
Pattern Paper:  Fancy Pants All Fall Collection "Spelling"
Card Stock:  Stampin Up Pool Party, Soft Suede, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores, Kraft,
Stampers Select White, DCWV Silver Glitter
Dies:  Spellbinder Cuckoo Clock, Quickutz 4x4 Branches
Ink:  Stampin Up Real Red & Baja Breeze
Silver Lame Cord
Pearl Paper Studio
S10 Flowers Red & White Iamroses.com

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Stunning card the layout is fantastic and the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Amy Kolling said...

LOVE this Jeanne!!! The banners you made, the whole layout just is perfect!!!

The Paper Parade said...

I'm loving this card, Jeanne! These colors are so fresh and bright! I love the sparkly bird house...you're right, that bird is adorable :) Your poor pooch! I wonder how that happened?!

Joyce said...

This is drop dead gorgeous, and cute as a button, all combined together. Love your take on the challenge. I"m still struggling to figure out how to download and resize that birdie.

Kryssi said...

Wow. This is beautiful and looks like you spent a lot of time with it! Whoever gets this card is one lucky person!!! Thank you so much for playing with the ME challenge!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, you did a lot with a little Jeanne...love how you perched your bird on that die cut branch and the chevrons along the bottom...that cute pearl on the birds cap, so cute!

Sharron said...

This is just SO very sweet! Love that adorable bird with your wonderful glittery birdhouse. And the colors are so cheery--perfect for your happy card!