Wednesday, December 26, 2012

CASE STUDY #122 - Happy Birthday

I hope you had a beautiful Christmas surrounded by the ones you love!   My folks and my sister came over for Christmas dinner and we played Pinochle afterwards.  It was good to get caught up on what they've been doing and share our own adventures as well.  My kids are getting older and I wonder how many years I have left before they invite a friend to join us.  
CASE Study has a new challenge starting today.  It is another two weeker so you have time to play in between festivities.  Our muse this month is Windy Robinson from The Ribbon and Bling Blog - wow she has me at just the name of her blog - but look at this beauty she made to inspire us!  I was immediately struck by the pretty flowers, the swirl of gems and the color PURPLE!  You have to know I'm in heaven here.  I mean seriously!  What else do I need to say?  You can be inspired by any of these elements and make something C&S or extra fancy - it's all up to you.  Oh and did I tell you that our guest designer this month is Wida Miller from Beachorado?  Can't wait to see what she does with this one!
The swirl of gems in Wida's card inspired me to stamp the lacy bouquet background on mine.  I used Versafine Imperial Purple for a clean impression on this really detailed stamp.   I used a fancy Spellbinder die to add a little more elegance to the card.  I even embossed the deep purple background.
I added some pretty cotton violet striped ribbon and lots of mulberry flowers to finish it off.  Here's my finished card.

Need a little more inspiration?  Check out what the rest of the CASE Study design team came up with for this one!  Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Guest Designer Wida Miller

I hope you will give this one a try - there's sure to be something to inspire you here!  I'll be looking for you at Case Study Challenge!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Lace Bouquet, Simply Jane
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Royal Velvet, New Leaf
Dies:  Spellbinder Grand Labels 23, Foliage 2
Versafine Imperial Purple Ink
Flowers:  Ribbon Reel, I am Roses
Ribbon:  5./8" Organic Cotton Stripes Purple Ribbon Reel, 7/8" Grosgrain Amethyst
Sizzix Emboss Plate Texturz Curlique

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautifully rich and elegant, a gorgeous design Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne the purple is such a great colour especially after Christmas. Love your triple bow and those gorgeous flowers.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Cathy Weber said...

I am examining this one very closely Jeanne...the layering of the ribbons is beautiful and the flowers are scattered so perfectly...love the tiny leaf you added at the bottom which perfectly matches the green leaves on the other flowers. Really pretty take on the inspiration photo!

Kim Heggins said...

Ohhhh, this is just so beautiful and all that purple with just the little touch of green leaves is so classy. Just fabulous!!

Wida said...

a bow doesn't get more perfect than that. Thanks for having me this month on case study. I have thoroughly enjoyed your hospitality and creativity!

Sharron said...

OMG, this is gorgeous! The purple is just stunning and I love the lacy image. The ribbon and flowers are so pretty and the bright green of the leaves makes a great accent color. LOVE this one, Jeanne!