Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hero Arts December Sketch Challenge - Make Your Own - Vintage Dress Pattern

ha-dec2011-sketches

Today I'm playing along in the Hero Arts December Sketch Challenge.   When I saw this vintage dress pattern stamp I immediately thought of my mom.  I have lots of memories of her sewing clothes while I busied myself flipping through her Simplicity patterns and looking at those lovely drawings. So (or should I say sew?) I made this one for my mom.  I know she will like the bright colors, that vintage stamp and of course that twine button bow. 

 If you'd like to play along you can get all the details here:  http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/december-2011-contest-details/.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamp:  Hero Arts Make Your Own
Dies:  Spellbinders:  Labels 4, Labels 4 Small
Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon 5 & Dime
Markers:  Copic
Twinery Twine Denim
Border:  EK Success Zig Zag

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Love this Jeanne!! It's so bright and pretty..your mom will love it too!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so cute, I also remember all those Simplicity patterns and this stamp brought back some great memories of my grandma who used to make all of my clothes. I love the twin button and the coloring of the "vintage ladies"!

Pauline said...

Fab card Jeanne, I love their vintage line, and you have created a beautifully retro feeling card with these wonderful images! Love the twine bow and the pop of ric rac. A super fun card!