Monday, November 21, 2011

WMSC74 - November 11-19-11 - Be Good


#74 Sketch
Hi!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We did a little yard work - raking leaves, and putting away anything that can't withstand the cold weather that's coming.  Sunday was our lazy day watching DVD's and eating fast food.  This week will be a busy one with the Thanksgiving holiday so any crafting I plan on getting done will have to be done soon.  I got all my grocery shopping done today - tomorrow is house cleaning.  I won't have my daughter around to help - all her friends are coming home from school for the holiday and I expect she'll want to spend her free time with them.

I'm getting an early start on the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge this week.  I told you sometimes sketches talk to me.  This one said "TAG".  I love Christmas because it's a great excuse to put extra bling and sparkle on almost anything.  I don't work too much with glitter and working on this tag I figured out why........ IT'S MESSY!!!!!!  I have glitter everywhere!!! Even on my ink pad!! It took me a while to figure out why my stamped images have spots missing.  What a mess!   Maybe if I do it more often I'll figure out a better way to do it.  For now the glitter is back on the shelf!
 
Since the Santa image is casual I thought I would use more fun colors - pink, purple and green.  I even threw on a few little jingle bells!  I hope you like it and that you are finding time in your busy schedule to play along.  If you'd like the details you can find them here:  http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse  Around Christmas Time, Nutcraker Sweet
Dies:  Spellbinders:  Inverted Scalloped Circles, Classic Squares, Standard Circles, Blossom Tags & Accents, Fleur De Lis Squares
Markers:  Copic
Ink:  Momento Grape Jelly, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen
Coarse Glitter:  Martha Stewart  - Bells:  Darice - Flower Center:  Bazill Bling!

17 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous tag, love the purpley tones and the sparkle, very pretty!

Kelly S. said...

How do you come up with these color schemes? They are so original and fantastic, Jeanne! I am embracing my glittery self lately, too! I only used to use the occasional Stickles, and now I am addicted to the sparkly stuff it seems. Your ribbon is amazing, and I love the detailed sparkling die cuts that perfectly coordinate. Oh...and your coloring, WOW! And my motto this Christmas..."This card should jingle" hee!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so bright and pretty and I love those spellbinders you used for this one. That Santa image is my very favorite from Around Christmastime and that gorgeous bow really makes your tag take on a very glamorous look.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Jeanne! Love the nontraditional color combo! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow! What an incredible tag. Just beautiful and the dies you used add the perfect finishing touch to it.

Deborah Frings said...

STunning!!! I love this image and the colours you've used are great. Superb bow, lovely layers - another winner I think! :)

Carla said...

this is gorgeous and lovely. beautiful color. I like it very much. Happy Thansgiving! Love from Holland

Renee said...

WOW!!
All that glitter...
LOVE it!
And the colors...
so bright, cheery and festive...
Santa never looked so good! :)
And amazing take on the challenge...
as always! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is AMAZING! - again!!!

Julia Aston said...

This is Beautiful Jeanne! I love the purple - the gorgeous ribbon and all the glitter!

JJ Bolton said...

Hi Jeanne! Another work of art! That would make an incredible tree ornament. Hope you're having a good week!

Kim Duran said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the bohemian style and the non traditional colors! The bow is amazing with the jeweled button in the center! Love this!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You always have such exquisite work, Jeanne! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers! xxx

Sharron said...

Hope you don't put your glitter away for good! In spite of the mess the end product is just AWESOME! Love the colors!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

just hire her I mean seriously she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

papillon digital design said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the cuts.