Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WMSC #63 Week of 9-3-11 - It's Your Big Day



This is the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge No. 63.  I don't know why but "western" immediately came to mind when I saw the layout sketch by Anya Schrier.  I can't explain how the wheels start turning in there, but I immediately grabbed my Back in the Saddle set and went to work!
WMS-63
I made this great two tone bow by taking two lengths of seam binding and looping them in a figure 8 around the dowels of my peg bow set up which made the colors alternate.  I don't have anything fancy, just a length of wood with holes drilled every inch and a few short lengths of dowell rod.  I've been using Hug Snug seam binding from Fabric.com.  They sell it in rolls of 100 feet for $9 - that works out to 9 cents a yard - very affordable - even when you double it up like I did.  Sometimes you will get lucky and find a coupon if you do a search on line.  I first made this bow on my card for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger "Nice and Neutral" last week and I'm stuck on it!  And did I mention I got the Trigger Target Badge?  Sweet!
Well I hope you like this beauty - I dressed it up with lots of fab details, the felt flowers with pearl centers, two tone bow with a button star center, and a touch of foil and gems!  Can you say YEE HAW!?

Materials Used:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps: Picnic Patterns, Vintage Labels 18, Back in the Saddle
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Labels 18, Parisian Accents
Felt Flower Die is Sizzix Paper Sculpting Hydrangea
Patterned Paper:  Sassafras Lass Translate, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection  Madison Avenue "Cherish" Pintuck Paper and Union Square "Favorite"
Hug Snug Seam Binding Fig Beige, Lipstick Red
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk - Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen

11 comments:

Renee said...

Jeanne...this is gorgeous!!
LOVE the colors...
that red...
*sigh*.
The papers...
and all the little elements...
they all come together to make such a fabby card!

Sonias Blog said...

Love that red! Where can I learn to make a bow like yours?

Gerdine said...

I definitely like it! Beautiful colors!

Patrice said...

Love your color combo!

Deborah Frings said...

Jeanne - this is brilliant! Great papers, fab colours, love the magnificent bow and the label simply rocks! I think I spy a winner :)

Anonymous said...

Oh the beauty! I just love your big fancy bow with the star, and the lovely patterned papers on this, Jeanne! The colors are amazing!

Hugs, Kelly Schirmer

Julia Aston said...

Great colors and double ribbon on this pretty card! love all the stampings on your label/sentiment Jeanne!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WONDERFUL card!

Cathy Weber said...

This one jumps right out at you with those gorgeous colors. The two toned ribbon with the little star in the middle and the three layers of papers. This is one of my favorites of the week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love this card! Especially the gorgeous bow and the way you stamped the label! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers :)

Kim Duran said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! I love the color combination and the double ribbon is just drawing me right in! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Waltzingmouse!