Monday, July 11, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 55 - Week of July 9, 2011 I Love You

 WMSC-55
This is the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for Week 55 beginning July 9, 2011.  I made my center design a distressed heart.  I stamped the love tag in the middle of the heart - making sure not to ink the frame or the "No. 9" since they would get cut off when I cut out the die.  I inked the edges and the embossed heart with Ranger Distress Ink  - Worn Lipstick.  Then I sanded the embossed parts to let the cream color of the paper show through.

For the ribbon side accents I zig zagged an organza wire ribbon and secured it to the back of the heart.  To make the window on the tag in the center I placed an oval die inside the center of the Fancy Phrases Tag  and ran it through my die cut machine.

When I started with the heart I automatically went into pink mode.  I didn't want to over do it so I threw in alot of neutral - which is unusual for me, but I am happy with the end result.  I hope you like this one - as always I thank you for your kindness and inspiration.  I hope you have a great week!

Supplies Used :                Finished Card Size is 5 x 7"
Waltzingmouse Stamps: Wanda's Pantry, Fancy Phrases
Dies:  Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two, Nexted Hearts, Fleur De Lis Squares,  Quickutz Accent
Paper:  K&Co. Studio K Meadow & Breeze
Ink:  Momento  Rosebud and Tuxedo Black, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick and Pumice Stone 

7 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding creation. The diecut frames are such a lovely enhancement to these lovely images. Well done!

Kelly S. said...

Love the how the die cuts match the flourishes on the heart! The lacy edge around the heart looks perfect! What a beautiful and elegant creation for this week's WMSC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Jeanne! This card is GORGEOUS! You know I am a sucker for detail and this card is oozing beauty! I love all the layering and the creative ways you stamped! Thank you for the inspiration and for joining along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love the embossed heart, and the ruffled ribbon trim. Gorgeous!

Jen Adcock said...

So so pretty! I adore the lovely layers. The composition of your card is wonderful as well. Gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous creation! love all the die cuts on this! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Clare said...

A real beauty! thanks for playing along this week at the WMSC!